Privacy & Cookie Statement
Privacy & Cookie Statement DYLANS
We treat privacy and privacy-sensitive data with care within the limits of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet). In this Privacy & Cookie Statement we inform you about the way in which we process personal data, for which purposes we process personal data, how you can exercise your privacy rights, and other information on how we handle personal data. Personal data is data that can be used to identify an individual or that can be linked to an individual.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement applies to all activities on all websites and apps (hereinafter referred to as: ‘Websites’ and ‘Apps’) of companies and trade names of: DYLANS. Personal data may be exchanged between the group companies of DYLANS.
For what purposes does DYLANS process personal data?
DYLANS processes personal data for the following purposes:
- The formation and performance of the concluded agreement(s), such as the handling of a reservation or performance of a trip, with regard to our products and services;
- Service purposes, such as contacting you and answering questions you have asked through Customer Service;
- Marketing purposes, such as:
- Promotional purposes. This includes conducting giveaways and promotional campaigns, sending newsletters, displaying offers and information, sending user information, service messages or other electronic messages on DYLANS Websites and Apps and elsewhere via advertising networks and social media channels, such as Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Profiling purposes. This includes sharing and combining personal data within DYLANS group companies to develop a profile so that we can better tailor the content of our Websites and Apps, information, advertising, products and services to your interests and behaviour.
- Compliance with legal obligations. DYLANS processes your data in order to comply with legal obligations, such as tax obligations;
- Development and analysis purposes to further develop and improve our Websites and Apps, for statistical analysis and market research, such as anonymous measurement of the response to our giveaways and promotional campaigns and sending anonymous surveys.
What personal data does DYLANS collect?
DYLANS processes the following personal data for the above purposes:
- Users of Websites and Apps (‘Users’):
- Personal data, such as name, gender, email address, telephone number and date of birth;
- Interaction data, such as IP address, browsing behaviour on the Websites and Apps, clicking behaviour, location data, cookie ID and contact with Customer Service or Customer Care.
- Consumers (‘Customers’) who purchase product(s) and services via a DYLANS quotation and/or reservation module:
- Contact and payment details, such as name and address details, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account number, and customer number.
Quality and liability
If you provide personal data to DYLANS, you are responsible for its correctness and for keeping it up to date. Except in the case of intent or gross negligence, DYLANS shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or consequences of activities undertaken on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information provided by you.
To whom does DYLANS provide personal data?
DYLANS will only provide personal data to third parties if this is permitted and if it is done with care. Personal data will only be provided to third parties if you have given your consent or if this is permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For example, DYLANS provides personal data to police, judicial or anti-fraud organisations when necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or legitimate interest of DYLANS.
How long does DYLANS store personal data?
DYLANS will not store personal data for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes. The retention period of personal data depends on the purpose for which the personal data is used. For example, certain personal data processed for tax purposes must be retained for seven years. Once your personal data is no longer needed, it will be anonymised or deleted.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on or read from your peripherals during your visit to a Website, for example, in your browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone. This text file is used to store or consult data, sometimes personal data. On the basis of this data (personal and otherwise) you can be recognised at a later visit.
For what purposes does DYLANS place cookies?
- Technically necessary Cookies. These Cookies are necessary to enable the technical operation of our Websites, Apps, services or tools.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies are used to provide functionality for the purpose of using our Websites, such as the ability to store preferences on a Websites and other functionalities, whether or not within the duration of the relevant session.
- Some apps need to know when you are in a specific location, otherwise they won’t work properly. A DYLANS App can only use your location information if location services or Bluetooth are enabled for that App.
- Analytical cookies. DYLANS uses Google Analytics and other analytical Cookies in a privacy friendly manner, to analyse how visitors use our Websites and Apps. For example, it allows DYLANS to improve the user-friendliness of a Website and App.
The privacy and cookie statements of the relevant third parties apply to the data (personal and otherwise) processed via third-party cookies. DYLANS has no influence on this.
DYLANS will always ask you whether you want to allow cookies for each Website (i.e. for each domain). You will therefore not give permission once only for all Websites of brands and trade names that fall under DYLANS.
What data (personal and otherwise) does DYLANS collect via Cookies?
DYLANS collects your IP address and MAC address (anonymised where possible), browsing and clicking behaviour, cookie identifiers, technical characteristics (such as the browser you are using and the resolution of your computer screen), the page from which you came to DYLANS Websites, when and for how long you visit or use our Websites and Apps, whether you use the functionalities of our Websites and Apps, which pages you visit on our Websites and which screens of the Apps you view.
By changing your browser settings you can indicate that your browser may not accept Cookies (from our Websites). However, if your browser does not accept Cookies from our Websites, you may not be able to access certain functionalities of our Websites or you may not be able to use all functionalities. If you wish to decline the use of Google Analytics cookies, you can set this in your browser by rejecting cookies from Google and/or Google Analytics via your browser or by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). For more information about third-party cookies and your opt-out options, see http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/participating-networks.
You cannot change the settings of Apps so that they will work without storing and reading Cookies. However, you can set up Apps so that no data is shared with DYLANS. Please note that the Apps may not work (or may work only incompletely) as a result. If you have decided to accept Cookies and you wish to terminate this at a later time, we recommend that you first delete your App account, if any, and then the App itself. We will delete the data that can be traced back to a person and process other data anonymised for analysis purposes.
Apps usually offers an option to easily disable the Bluetooth functionality and the location feature.
For other questions and requests, you can always contact us via the channels below.
How to contact DYLANS?
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact DYLANS Customer Service by telephone, via the website or by post.
Customer Service phone line
Our Customer Service department is available on Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on the following phone number +31 (0)71 364 07 77.
Online contact form
You can use our contact form via the internet.
Mail can be directed to:
Oude Zeeweg 63
2202 CJ NOORDWIJK
How to exercise your rights to privacy:
Right to inspection, correction or deletion of your personal details
You may submit a request for inspection, correction or deletion to DYLANS. You can do this via the contact form. Specify clearly in the subject line that it concerns privacy and more specifically a request for inspection, correction or deletion on the grounds of Section 35 or 36 of the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens: Wbp). Please note that in some cases DYLANS may request additional information to properly identify you.
Right of opposition
You have the right to oppose the use of personal data. If you indicate that you no longer wish to be approached (via a particular medium), DYLANS will include you in a file to that effect and your personal data will no longer be used for these purposes. You can do this via the contact form. Make it clear that this concerns privacy and, more specifically, an appeal to your right to object under Section 40 or 41 of the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens: Wbp).
When was this Privacy & Cookie Statement last amended?
DYLANS reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy & Cookie Statement. You are responsible for keeping up to date with the latest version of this Privacy & Cookie Statement. DYLANS therefore recommends that you check on a regular basis whether any adjustments have been made. If you do not (or no longer) agree with this Privacy & Cookie Statement (or any changes thereto), you may no longer use our services, Websites and Apps. You will find the date of the last adjustments at the bottom of this clause.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement was last modified on: 22-05-2018 (11:26)